Monday, January 22, 2018

TODAY I SAY GOODBYE

Frank S. Bogdan
All my life I have met people that have left me with an impact. Dad, my Uncle Frank who supported me, my first boss, my brother-in-law John, Jack Stern who mentored me then became a friend, all having passed onto the next life, all good men.

Today I will say goodbye without a thank you to a man that did nothing for me other than make me happy to see him. He was a kind man, a man that could laugh and a man who could listen and a man who gladdened your heart knowing him.

He was a simple man, Frank was. He was the older brother of my deceased brother-in-law, John. Frank was a bit of a war hero, in his eyes just a grunt on the lines of danger, to me, a hero who put his life on the line.
John S. Bogdan

It was in the jungles of Guadalcanal with the US Army, short of ammo and food and a reinforced enemy coming to get him and thousands of other outnumbered Americans who fought to win and did. It was the turning point of land battles for the Pacific and the heroic return of America to liberate the world from Tyranny.

He passed away peacefully, without pain, and for that, I am grateful to God. Grateful for having known him, spoken with him and cared about him, and most of all, blessed by his presence.

Goodbye Frank, I wish you a peaceful journey.

No comments: