Saturday, March 17, 2018

T'IS THE SEASON, BEJESUS!



Aye, another season with the Irish lassie, TLW!

Marrying TLW has been an adventure and a joy she has pizza every Friday night and makes a great sauce, what else do need from an Irishman? I have beautiful children, each gives me the joy to follow their lives, half-Irish and I hear the Irish – Italian combination yields beautiful children.

Every year I make her Irish soda bread, corned beef, and cabbage and have a few beers, usually, Guinness Stout, to round out the occasion, both in the corned beef and my glass. This year I made a new recipe for Irish soda bread and one for her corned beef and cabbage. Lately, I've been doing it in the pressure cooker, and it comes out great, not bland or tasteless but with a distinctive flavor.

One year I made her colcannon, a potato and kale or parsley mixture in place of boiled potatoes and Lamb chops, the real traditional St Paddy Day dish of Ireland! TLW seemed to miss her comfort food, so the new tradition is not to make it anymore.

Well, from an Italian I wish you Happy St. Patrick's Day! Monday is St. Joseph's Day.

No comments: