Tuesday, April 03, 2018

DONUTS, BALLOONS, AND BUBBLES

It was a Saturday morning and the first day of our stay in Burbank at #1 Son’s house. It was also the day of the big birthday party for my lovely granddaughter, Darby Shea (La Principessa). It was billed: “The Donut Party” as once again my beautiful daughter-in-law outdid herself with a theme. Last year was a puppy party where little kids got to play and hold little puppies.

It was a week of donuts, balloons, and bubbles, as the party featured all three, selecting a glazed donut you picked your topping and there you are your perfect donut.

I love donuts, always have, and my two favorites are powdered sugar and glaze, and I think my granddaughter loves them too!

But grandpa was busy having a donut, a bagel, and some apple cider while blowing bubbles for La Principessa. A four-year-old has many demands from their grandpas, and so did my princess. Grandpa do it again, Grandpa make them bigger.

Then she visited me in the guest room where we stay, and this time she was looking for balloons she knew we had. First, we blew them up and let the fly, then I took one, blew it up and let it fart lowly.

Then outside we went, this time to draw in cooler chalks on the patio floor, where so many artistic renditions of childhood fantasy are done. A full day.

As for Grandpa, it was the best time I’ve ever had with a sweet little loving girl I call “La Principessa!”

No comments: