Tuesday, August 07, 2018

AND AGAIN!

Just as you think the last shoe has dropped for a while another falls.

At 4:00 A.M. yesterday morning my wife answered the phone. Getting a phone call at 4:00 A.M. is never a good thing even if it is a wrong number. Being how TLW (The Little Woman) gets up early anyway and I was lying half-awake in bed when the bedroom door opens and TLW puts on the light, I thought something bad had better had happened or I was going to be tortured for her amusement.

She tells me my daughter’s group home called to tell us Ellen had fallen and bumped her head and was running a fever and on her way to Mather Memorial Hospital. Jumping up I gathered myself together and off I rushed to the hospital with the Little Woman. We arrive at 4:45 A.M.

As we enter the emergency room, there she is at the nurse’s station with an aid from the agency. We are immediately led to the emergency room holding areas and she is placed in a bed. The place is packed with people, mostly old and asleep. The area is dark and besides the drawn curtains for the patients, no one except a few nurses are moving about. They ask the customary questions and we give the best answers we know.

To make a long story short, Ellen has a UTI and a fever 2itha large lump on her head, with the additional news that she has a brain bleed!

Fortunately, the brain bleed does not seem too severe and should clear itself up, while the UTI will take about 5 to 7 days to clear, so, therefore, she will be in the hospital for a while.

No comments: