Thursday, August 23, 2018

IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD

When we moved from our old neighborhood around 1984 we left behind some really wonderful people and families that mattered to us. Our kids grew up together to become adults and their friendships lasted to some degree to this day.

Recently, TLW (The Little Woman) and I recently had the pleasure of having lunch with a few of them. The road back to yesterday was swift if not noisy. The things that were left behind that had no resolutions were finalized, names came together with faces, the moment’s spent were cashed-in as things came together.

There were stories told and conversations related that we heard once before, people mentioned occasions related that seemed to have faded in time, renewed and brought to life. It was a great day.

Seeing them for the first time in years, took its toll on me. As I watched them move about, I saw old people, people like myself, people who have changed physically and to a great degree emotionally.

It was a day I would not have missed if possible. Having it spent with people I liked only added to the memory collection I have built over the years and allows me to share them with TLW as she and I both enjoyed the experience. Suddenly I was back in time over 30 years ago and we were both younger once again.


No comments: