Saturday, September 08, 2018

THE OLD DAYS


Many years ago when I was a 1st grader, at the end of the first day of school as I was leaving the classroom to go home, my kindergarten teacher was standing outside her classroom as I ran to her and gave her a hug, telling her I missed her.

My new first-grade teacher was an old lady in her nineties, wearing what they called sensible black shoes, with laces, a long dress, cameo and hair in a bun. She was a witch, mean, yelling and prone to use her ruler to keep little first-graders in line. And this was the first day of school! It was no wonder I did what I did as well as many of my classmates with our Kindergarten teacher.

Fast forward to yesterday and my TV. There stood former President of the U.S., Barack Obama, giving a speech at an Illinois function. As I listened to him speak, I longed for those days as I sit in the midst of the horrific news coming from all the talking heads. The coverage is biased on both MSNBC and FOX News.

Politics aside, as I did not always agree with Barack Obama but I did respect him. Obama was decent as politicians go, could have been a little more thorough in his health plan, but had the guts to do something. He had compassion and sometimes that got him in trouble.

Today’s administration has been nothing but a disaster, the lying, the poor conception of policy and dangerous foreign policies so misguided that I fear war in the future. The fan fair over North Korea only to find out they are still are building missiles. The separation of children from their parents who were caught crossing the border pains not only me but also most Americans. The cozying up to our arch enemy Vladimir Putin leading me to believe Putin and the Russians have something over him and are holding him hostage and of course the swamp he brought with him to Washington in Manafort, Cohen, Poppadopolis, and all the indictments and sentences of so many of his administration.

COME BACK BARACK!

No comments: