Wednesday, November 28, 2018

CATCHING UP

I woke up this morning a little later than usual. Being a person of habit I didn’t want to get out of bed but felt guilty that I did sleep later than usual for me.

There are many difficulties when I arise at a later time than I am accustomed to, for instance, TLW (The Little Woman) who immediately questions my health. As she was putting away my life insurance policy, she asked: “Are you OK? You slept late.” As a dying man anyway I agreed that I slept late but just did, that my health is fine and that she should wait until I’m officially dead before taking out the policy, that there is no point in wearing it out.

Getting started in my day becomes a nuisance since I am trying to catch up, I still have my morning nap, my afternoon nap and have to eat all three squares. I try to make it up at noon but it gets confusing falling asleep in my sandwich or soup.

Then, of course, there are the emails, phone, and texts that need to be answered, meeting dates and lunches I like to schedule with friends.

Cooking is a passion of mine, I love to cook and willfully improvise and as proof of my prowess, my wife and children are still alive. But I need the inspiration to don the apron and muster up the pots and pans and search for suitable ingredients to marry together in one big plan to feed the multitudes (mainly TLW).

So I will go through the day trying to catch up and get back on EDST.





No comments: