Monday, December 03, 2018

IF IT’S RAINING IT MUST BE TODAY.


It seems to me that all this talk about climate change is coming to fruition. Every other day is raining, and raining hard. Somehow we are experiencing bad weather more often than not and even I am getting tired of it.

Most times it rains I think of it as a good day for a nap. I close my lights in the house and get in my recliner and fall asleep if possible, awaking only for food and the potty. Then about a year ago I got involved in helping to create a book, ‘A PLACE CALLED BROOKLYN’ which took up all my naptime. It meant going out in the rain and cold for meetings with the coauthor, especially in the most critical part of my day, the afternoon naptime slot.

Now the book is at the publisher and I am sitting here on a Sunday morning listening to the rain fall on the skylight as the trees wave at me while I sit in my recliner and type. I hope to get this blogue done soon so I can “Rest my eyes” as Dad used to say.

Taking a nap has health benefits; like with my eyes closed in a recliner, I stay out of trouble. This also helps my morale being lifted because nothing or no one is aggravating me and keeping me from raiding the frig. Next to macaroni and cheese, this is the single most productive and glorious combination in the World!


No comments: