Thursday, December 06, 2018

LEARNING THE ROPES

Being how I retired a number of years ago, I took on some of the chores around the house that I never did before when I had a job. Things like dusting and cleaning are not my strong suits but I don’t see getting a cleaning person to clean the house. It’s not that hard. But once in a while, I see something that gets me busy and I start the chore of cleaning it.



One of the things that will need constant cleaning and care is the stovetop. It is black and shines and when you clean it with a cleaner it streaks. I have tried all kinds of cleaners and they all really leave the streaks.

One day out of desperation I tried something I really didn’t expect to work but did, Windex! Apparently, the ammonia in it is the key, it takes away grease and film as it would on the glass doors of the medicine cabinets I have.



With the above reasoning I discovered if I try it on my chrome or aluminum doors o0f the stove and the door on the washing machine, it works there also. I purchased this stuff that was supposed to do that kind of thing but it took a lot of muscle grease and applications before I was happy.   

Windex, simplicity at it’s best. I think I will apply some on my face and rid some old age away and see if that works.

No comments: