Wednesday, December 19, 2018

ON THE JOB TRAINING


As life goes on, usually grandmas train grandpas and on occasion, they require additional training and procedural clarification. This occurs generations and years afterward, when set in his ways, the re-training is taught by his granddaughter.

Granddaughters being a special breed are eager, vivacious and bossy, ‘bossy’ being the operative word. In less than the 24 hours spent in Burbank California, I as the grandpa in question have built a fort of pillows and blankets, converting it into a tent using the same exact materials, played nasty monster man who chases the sweet little girl, smuggled two donuts to her under cover of a book and constructed a house made of magnets on the floor of her living room where I fell asleep from exhaustion while sitting on the floor. As my little sweetheart left me there and ran to tell everyone in the house of my comatose state, waking to find him or her all laughing at me.

All ideas generated out of a tiny 4 and ½ year old that has big plans but a poorly equipped slave crew to execute it all. All and any request to break the rules filter through me and she knows somehow she will not be disappointed. Requests for lollypops, (orange) cookies, candy, are sent to her despicable agent, grandpa, who procures other things she doesn’t need as well.



No comments: