Saturday, December 01, 2018

THEY MUST LOVE ME.

Right after this I paid my student loan.
Every day I get the same phone calls about my student loan being forgiven, that I won a ‘FREE’ stay at a resort, my number has been picked at random to win something, and of course some so-called company on a recorded line, can I hear them.

The other day my cell phone rang and sure enough, while in a gastroenterologist office for my daughter there is this female voice telling me that this is my final notice after numerous attempts to reach me that I can get my student loan forgiven and other benefits that are available to me.  Never in these calls is my name mentioned.

Now, I graduated from college a few centuries ago and immediately afterward paid off my student loan, so somehow they must have lost my name for over fifty years. This got me curious: maybe they have me mixed up with someone else?  After the opening speech about “this is my final notice after numerous attempts to reach me that I can get my student loan forgiven and other benefits that are available” I decide to go into this call a little further. I press ‘1’ for further information.

“Are you interested in the loan forgiveness program?”
Me: “Why, Yes I am, and I have a question.”
“Yes?”
Me: “I’m 73-years old, do you think I have a future with a new loan, and which college or university should I apply to?”

There is an immediate click on the other end, and she never answered my question, how will she know whose loan to forgive?

But my day does not end there, no, there is another call informing me about the fact that I’m on a recorded line and can I hear the caller. My stock answer is always: “NO!” This answer confuses them somewhat and causes them to hang up. This is part of a growing scam to get you to say: “Yes” a word they will willfully record to enter any account you may have that is voice activated. Once again, the sudden ‘click’ at the other end.

You’d think they would at least say: “Goodbye?”

No comments: