Thursday, January 03, 2019

BUILDING UP

The excitement of publishing a book is always fun excitement. You spend a lot of time writing and creating and finally one day it comes to pass. You harbor some trepidation and maybe a little anxiety, but you do look forward to the moments it arrives in your hands.

Hopefully, next week we will be at that stage and I can put that all behind me. But wait, there is also a disappointment as things slow down, you need another writing project because it is my new mistress, creating with the written word.

I have done a lot of things, one of them being an Opinion piece for Newsday last January and a novel I wrote along with a co-authorship of another, not to mention a design for a college 100-year celebration.

My next project is being done in secrecy, a novel based on a true story and one that I think needs to be written and the story conveyed. I’m excited about my newly invented self in my retirement: it should be busy and fun.

Here’s to 2019!

No comments: