Saturday, January 26, 2019

FROZEN BY SADNESS

We all take things for granted. The people we love we just don’t sometimes take the time to say: “I love you!” Then when we do it might feel awkward. One day they may be gone and you wish you had said it more often.

The other night I was starting to prepare dinner, breaded fish with a spinach pasta side laced with a hot pepper enough to notice without it taking over. I lined up the ingredients and went out to the freezer for the fish when I noticed in front of the door of the freezer was a puddle of water!

Water puddles, in front of freezers, are never a good thing! I opened the door and touched the fish and it was soft, almost smiling at me.

I did what I felt was the best thing to do, without panic or reservation, not being intimidated by this drastic situation I would take charge;

“ELLEN!”

Immediately I started removing all the food in the freezer, making room in the refrigerator freezer by removing things that we really didn’t need for those things we could bring back to freeze and using the refrigerator for storage of that we could eat in a reasonable time.

When it was all over and we mopped up, TLW (The Little Woman said:

“We’ve had this freezer since we moved here. It doesn’t owe us anything.”

Thirty years ago we got the thing and it worked without fault all this time. It is older than my youngest child, and I don’t know how to break the news to him.

No comments: