Sunday, January 13, 2019

PICKING UP WHERE I LEFT OFF!


Many years ago, when I met TLW (The Little Woman) I decided one day I wanted to marry her. I envisioned a time of bliss, as we would spend every day together. The dream only included her and I and our abode. In the dream-time, I never envisioned children or career or outside intrusions. Maybe that was because I was single, and able to live my life strictly as a single person.

When we married we walked down the aisle and I was happy, very happy and she made it so. Although the honeymoon was over in the theoretic sense, it was still going on in the reality of it all. Then one day we found out a child was on the way!  We also discovered that with that responsibility came the need for more money, more space and more ambition if we were to raise the child successfully. Before we knew it still another child came along and so did the urgency for me to do more for my family, somehow the honeymoon was over and real life’s reality took over.

Mortgages, car payments, utilities, and commutation tickets became a focus of mine. I was in the midst of a busy involving life with wife and children! As I got older I decided to be my own man and TLW went to work as the children were all gone.

One day I sat back and realized I was not the kid I used to be and decided I wanted to live a life that was less stressful and so I retired, while TLW continued to work. She loved her job and wished to continue working. Then finally she too decided to enjoy life once again. Now that she is officially retired, I feel like I found that girl I started the honeymoon with so long ago, living our lives together as I dreamt it so long ago.

No comments: