Friday, February 22, 2019

BEING CONSIDERED OLD WHEN YOU ARE NOT!


In my recent visit to NYC, I happened to notice that people think I’m old, and frankly, I don’t know how to tell them I’m not.

Take for instance the NYC Transit Police.

Looking for the Times Square shuttle to Penn Station I decided to ask someone if they knew how I could find it. As I walked I noticed two transit cops standing talking to each other. I casually walked over to them with TLW (The Little Woman) and as I approached the one facing me looked at me with a grin on his face, following me with his eyes.

Going up to him he leaned in and waited for my question.

“Hi!” I said. “Can you direct me to the Times Square shuttle?” I asked.

“Sure, follow me!” he said.

As we walked he led us to a staircase with a sign that indicated the Times Square shuttle was at the bottom of the deck of steps. While we were walking he asked me where I lived and told him on Long Island in Holbrook. He relayed to me he was from Mineola. When we finally got to the stairway he said to go downstairs and take either train track that arrives, they both went to Penn Station, then wished us a good night. Pretty classy cop. He probably figured: Before these two old coots die on the platform and I get stuck with paperwork, let me move them along so someone else can do the paperwork.


No comments: