Friday, March 15, 2019

TIS THE SEASON

I just got over one presidential election, one mid-term election and now here we are again another presidential election!

Democracy is an expensive deal. First, you have to pay for the idiots you elect, and then you pay for all their mistakes.  What do you really get out of it, another chance to elect the idiots, again?

I know, I’m not nice, but they started it.

Wherever I travel I see the effects of poor judgment on the part of politicians. I see it come from Washington, D.C., I see it come from Albany or any state capitol I read about. Why do people want to be politicians anyway? You are under scrutiny, you will by the end of your term have probably disappointed more than you made happily. You have to be careful of how to propose your ideas and make sure it is not a boondoggle you are building, can’t have the natives after your skin!

I thought once of running for public office. The problem is which party do I represent? I’m not a liberal or conservative, I believe in fiscal responsibility along with the sanctity of life. I don’t believe in the nonsense spouted by a gun lobbyist as factual, I read the Second Amendment. (It doesn’t talk about private citizens rights to own a gun, only militias. But say “Second Amendment Right and right away people think it must be official because someone said: “Second Amendment.”

The other issue is the way politicians attack social problems, monetary responsibility, and foreign affairs. Foreign affairs once involved Gina Lollobrigida and an American. Another problem is they count, and counting brings them down a criminal path. They get cocky, arrogant and involved in money schemes that involve even relatives. Just read the latest about a certain Nassau County former county executive and his lovely wife. Their favorite letter in the alphabet is ‘Y’. Why? Glad you asked; it’s a crooked letter!

And so, from now until November of 2020, we will hear all the promises backed by lies, all the sincerity wrapped in disingenuous statements and all with it comes their clammy handshake. 


No comments: