Wednesday, March 27, 2019

TODAY SHE IS 5!

It is hard to believe but little Darby Shea, sassy as all get out and smarter than her grandpa turns 5 today.

She has a high level of intelligence and a profound emotional understanding of what turned her life into something it shouldn’t have happened.

She has had one party after another and tonight she will have another. None of us care if we spoil her, she needs as much love as I can give and the rest of the family is giving. I r4member the biggest fear I had as a young child was my mom dying. To realize that fear is unimaginable, frightening, and devastating. She understands everything from a well-educated child on the subject. She is holding up very well and continues to get counseling and has grown with this heartache.

I know that I have written a lot about the subject of my daughter-in-law’s passing, but I need to express my grief for her and her family, Anthony, Darby Shea, and Bobby Courtney. It is all in the process of grieving.

Today, Daddy bought her a nice birthday present, one she will definitely get excited about and her day will be special at pre-school.

She and I are forming a bond that I’m sure she will form with her other granddad as well. I hope she does because she needs all the love she can get from all of us. Poor Grandpa Roger is in the midst of a struggle of his own with a personal matter of his poor wife Claire suffering a stroke. I pray for them both and hope to see some good news as we go forward. Pray for him and Claire.

As for Darby, she has amazed me with her intelligence not only from the standpoint of a child but from the emotional maturity she is displaying, making me laugh and cry by her antics. She is so beautiful, funny and loves to give me a hard time as well. That is when I grab her and squeeze, belt her with kisses and give her my grandmother’s grandchild cheek squeeze.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEETHEART!

I love you!

No comments: