Thursday, April 25, 2019

GETTING IT ALL TOGETHER

A GREAT reason to move to Burbank!


One of the major tasks of moving from the East Coast to the West Coast is arranging for the many things I take for granted that need change. My medical records and a new doctor are in order, my daughter’s life needs to be settled, a place for her to live and her medical records need to be forwarded to her new residence and of course, my car. Do I drive to LA, ship the car or is there another way to do things.

I would like to get a new car but think I should wait until I make the move and get it out in Burbank or LA.

How much furniture should I bring or maybe leave it all behind? Clothes, how much winter stuff do I really need? The housing question doesn’t seem too bad, there are many apartments in the area that would suit me fine, just where and when to decide. I’d like to be as close as possible so I can play and spoil my grandkids, yet sneak out of their house as it gets out of hand.

One thing I would love to do is fly to Chicago and board a train to LA, just to see the country, and do it in December when the weather is getting too cold. Leaving ice and snow, sleet and cold winds would be the ideal situation heading into Burbank.

To watch the countryside at my leisure, to see the transformation of the USA from the cold to the warmth, to experience the hugeness of the country and the marvels of the beauty that exists in this once-in-a-lifetime adventure is a great way to close out my life.





No comments: