Wednesday, April 24, 2019

HOW SAD!

I am closing up my life. I am erasing to some degree my past, I am leaving the place I know best, and I am rushing to do it. I feel like some Nazi with a past I would like to forget. I do these things because I need to, to be near my grandchildren.

As I peruse through my old files from my business days I go through the folders and read about things I did so many years ago and remember it all fondly and with sometimes tears in my eyes.

I designed so many pieces of advertising that I can’t remember it all, yet there are things that trigger times in my life where I was so happy and care-free. The days before I was engaged and met my wife Ellen were fun days too. My first job, my first day on that job where I sat at the top of a skyscraper in a corner office that I shared with an incredible man I will never forget, and after a great lunch at a fancy Italian restaurant with a song that was playing over and over again in my head: ‘If they could see me now, those dear old friends of mine, eating fancy foods and drinking fancy wines’.

There are things I designed before I left for the day to get married. I got kudos for it and made me very happy as I got on the train and went home, in very high spirits.

The books and whatnots, the souvenirs I accumulated, all being tossed because I don’t have room any more to keep them, I haven’t looked at in so many years and why? So, out they go, all the things I really don’t need. There is comfort in those things but it is time to part, time to let go and head out West with a song in my heart, the woman I love and a life long dream of moving out West.

I would love to move this coming December. Why? Because it will be getting cold, the weather is beastly in the East! I will be leaving for sunshine and palm trees and heeding the advice I always gave my son Anthony, TAPT (Touch a palm tree). What it means if you are in a great place to live, realize it. Maybe we can go out together and do that.

No comments: