Wednesday, April 10, 2019

PLANNING IS EVERYTHING

Since the release of ‘A PLACE CALLED BROOKLYN’ on March 4th, my co-author and I went our separate ways for a few weeks. He went to Florida, returned then I went to California and returned. We lost about 4 weeks of planning and seeing the idea of selling the book.

Yesterday we met and it got my creative juices flowing, looking for a way to promote the book. I feel like a young guy again, doing what I love, designing and planning and now writing. Ideas formulate in my head and I can’t wait to get started!

One of the things we are planning is placing ads in newspapers, to sell the book and the authors. We see ourselves looking to do book signings and talks about how we met, how the book originated and how it took shape. All that and eat!

We are planning on visiting Defonte’s sandwich shop in Red Hook, Brooklyn, a place that was featured in the book and on the TV show: Diners, drive-Ins, and Dives.

At our ages, the thought of a challenge is thrilling and welcomed, we did not put ourselves on the shelf and die from idleness but challenged ourselves to reach further into the future with relevance.

I have friends that say they will never retire, why? Because they feel they would have nothing to do. How sad, go out and find something to do, me, I reinvented myself thanks to my son who encouraged me to write. If I had his talent than it would really be something, but the blog: DelBloggolo.blogspot.com fulfills my joy of writing and the need to create. Having an ability to draw and paint only enhances my life as does taking on cooking in the kitchen. Life is great!

No comments: