Monday, April 22, 2019

THE SIGNIFICANCE OF DATES

It seems to me that throughout my married life in particular dates seem to loom for some strange reason. For instance: Ellen my wife is one-year younger almost to the day. I was born on July 6th and she was born one year later on July 9nth.

My two oldest children were born a year apart, almost to the day. My daughter Ellen was born on March 20th and my son Anthony on March 26th.

My sister’s grandson was born on July 6th and my granddaughter was born on March 26th, my sister’s birthday.

I graduated from college on the same date, June 19th, which happens to be our wedding anniversary.

Death anniversaries seem to get close to the same pattern, my daughter-in-law passed on June 18th while giving birth to my grandson Bobby the day before our wedding anniversary.

My dad died on June 12, 1991, and mom died on June 11, 2014!

My birthday is on July 6th, my son Joseph’s birthday is on April 6th and my Grandfather Joe’s birthday is November 6th. Obviously, all birthdays fall on the sixth of the month.

There is probably no significance to all this, but sometimes I wonder.

No comments: