Saturday, May 04, 2019

BIG BROTHERS AND SISTERS


Recently, I got a phone call from the Big Brothers and Sisters organization asking if I would donate articles of practical use to their great organization. They do a lot of good and I once was a ‘Big Brother’ myself for a little guy named Joey.

He was a smart kid and very handsome and we hit it off great! This was around 1978 and my oldest boy was starting to need attention from his old man, so I had to quit and devote more of my limited time to him. I felt bad about it but there are others out there, single and who don’t have commitments like family I felt, so, let them do it.

Joey I’m sure turned out OK, and probably I should look him up sometime. I even got involved in the organization doing things for them promoting the cause, as I would naturally do anyway.

The call itself was fortunate since I am getting rid of a lot of things that someone else could use so I will do that. It bothers me that with all this stuff I accumulated over the years would be tossed.


No comments: