Monday, May 20, 2019

I WONDER WHOM IT IS HARDER ON?

There are a lot of people with a stake in my daughter Ellen’s current crisis. My wife and I are truly worried and deeply concerned, scared and maybe even a little frightened. There are the doctors and nurses that are so diligent and concerned, looking for every possibility to stem the tide of disaster, they too seem perplexed and can’t understand it all.

But with all these concerns the one most concerned and least informed is my daughter Ellen. She is the one who is suffering and causing all the concerns, she withers in deep pain and suffers, looking for relief from all the pain and the poking, stabbing and intrusions on her peace. As the pain intensifies, she looks at me and pleads, her eyes saying: “Please Daddy, make it stop! Why is this happening to me?”

I think when I see this I see all the cruelty of man that has been inflicted on all the innocent of the world. I see the small children and adults, led to their slaughter by the animals of the world that kill because of their skin or religion. This factor hits home a lot. I feel the senseless pain that all those Jews went through, lifted from lives of peace and devotion to God, the many healers, and teachers, the musicians who brought peace and joy and spewed love as an output of their talents and instruments, so cruel and senseless that they are silenced.

I hear the whimpering of my child and it echoes through the ages all those prosecuted because they are black, the hatred for those who seek a better life in this country and because they can’t get away soon enough form the terrors that they live in, try to sneak into this country.

My daughter tells me a lot. She tells me that I need to be there for her like the doctors and nurses are. She needs me to be here so I can function knowing where she is and how she is doing, she needs to know that someone who does love her is there for her in her pain and fright. My daughter tells me she is fighting and that I need to supply her weapons, help her aim and stand her ground. She is suffering mightily and so she fights.

No comments: