Sunday, May 26, 2019

TODAY SEEMS TO BE A GOOD DAY!

As I walked into my daughter Ellen’s Intensive Care Unit room all seemed as I left it yesterday. She was quietly lying in her bed attached to the tubes that sustain her and she was sleeping away. The ICU floor was deserted mostly except for a few nurses and the mood was one set from the overnight darkness. It was 6:57 AM and I am ready to sit with my daughter to reassure her that someone is with her that she can trust and not to be afraid. I will spend a great part of my day here with her and it is worth it, attention is all I have left to give her.

Her collapsed lung is starting to come back and her breathing is getting there. They have introduced nutrients through her belly for the first time, a gradual process to see if she can tolerate it and so far, so good.

The news I can give is that she recognized me, smiled and teased me in her own way, something Daddy and Ellen does when she is happy to see me. She hasn’t smiled in so long I am afraid that we are having to teach her to when we teach her how to walk again!

Most importantly, she is resting comfortably and that is so very important! The infectious disease doctor came by and said she is going upward steadily good news!

Thank you all for your prayers, they are taking hold, your good wishes and graces have already helped my resolve and I know I see Ellen’s resolve for my model.

No comments: