Wednesday, June 05, 2019

PICK ME UPPERS…

Or, how I stay sane!

With all that is going on in my life, there is a lot to make me feel crazy or down, to say the least. The traveling back and forth to the hospital and the sitting all morning with my daughter who hasn’t spoken to me yet makes for a hard day. The constant asking of questions of the hospital staff, the updates that seem sometimes to conflict with what I was just told and the disappointments of the patient in her r4esponses to all they try to do can make you down.

Eating is always a good way to deal with depressions that have a bad effect on one, as does spending money. Trying to feel better with these methods only enhance your depr4ession and make you crazier than you already are, so what do I do? I eat and spend money!

I won’t tell you what I eat but I will tell you I spent some money. I rode to Toyota the other day to see what kind of cars they were offering. They usually have good deals on great cars and since my car needed to be washed, I decided to avoid all that hard work and get a new one. Strolling through the showroom I visited the Camry, the Prius, the Corolla, and the Rav-4.

The last few years I have been driving Prius styled cars and felt that everyone else was looking down on me, and they were, they were all driving SUV’s or larger, so I wanted to look them square in the eyes at all the red lights I do stop for.

I now drive a white Rav-4 with tan interior and new fancy electronics! I don’t feel better but I did spend a lot of money!

No comments: