Friday, June 07, 2019

THE FIRST WORDS OUT


I am getting sick and tired of the use of a certain four-letter word that starts with ‘F’. Why would such an ugly word be interspersed within our language and used so blatantly and without respect for those that we speak with?

I was at the Toyota dealership in Oakdale recently and in the showroom was a person who seemed aggravated and intent to start a fight with someone over his unhappiness about his existence, I guess. When I was finished with my business I noticed this individual leaving ahead of me, as I got into my car to back out to drive home. Next to me was another car that was pulled out halfway blocking my ability to get pull out. I waited, as the aforementioned individual was busy talking to someone in another car. Finally, he returned to his vehicle and noticed I was trying to get his attention. Rolling down his window I motioned to him he was in my way and could he please move back into the parking space or pull out altogether to let me get by. He makes a face and pulls back in and I put my car in reverse. Just then, another car is slowly passing behind me so I had to wait for the car to pass. As I wait I hear the guy next to me yell:

“WELL MOVE!”

I yell back-

THERE’S A CAR BEHIND ME, PAY ATTENTION!”

As I pull out he is now standing in front of the building and I am anticipating what will come next. His mouth is forming the beginnings of the ‘F’ word and I am anticipating it and yelling it back at him before he can get the word out. God, that felt good!

No comments: