Sunday, June 02, 2019

THE FUTURE OF AMERICA…

Or, I’ll get him/her a T-shirt that reads: “My future is yesterday!”

I ventured into a local convenience store the other day and ordered two breakfast sandwiches. When the clerk gave them to me before I paid he asked if I wanted napkins. I answered in the affirmative and he took my money, gave me my change and took off.”

Me: “Yo! Napkins?”

Spinning around in his tracks he returns and literally gives me a fist filled with crumpled napkins.

“Sorry!” With a smile that came! He is worthy of a T-shirt.

Then there was the day that I came to a three-way stop signed corner. As I come to a full stop, another genius in his 20’s come to the opposite stop sign and rather come to a full stop and allow me to proceed he rushes through. Fortunately, I had already stopped. He is worthy of a T-shirt.

Then I am driving along Nichols Road (aka: Kamikaze Road. A young lady in her 20’s in an SUV is in the passing lane and I am in the slow lane next to her. There is an exit on my right coming up. This third recipient of a T-shirt decides to pull in front of me with no space between the car ahead of me so she can make the exit. No signal, no brains, and no future driving like that!

That’s it for the May T-shirt Awards!

No comments: