Wednesday, July 10, 2019

BOOKS


One of the things I would want to have in my survival kit living on a secluded island, far from civilization would be fresh water, food, a sushi handbook, (makes sense) and a book to read other than about sushi.

Having the ability to read to me is the greatest gift my teachers gave me as a child. The chance to stretch my imagination when I read is like a passport to the unknown, one that I am in control of due to someone else’s experiences and notations. Reading a book is always an adventure and not too many people appreciate it. We take it for granted without realizing how precious it is, as it liberates one from the reality of the reader’s environment and the enriching of one’s mind.

When I enter a library for no reason other than to explore, my adrenaline rushes and my blood surges in anticipation of what I will find between the covers of the many books and what each one offers.

Currently I am reading a wonderful and imaginative journey of a man who loses his arm, and the concept is not only wonderful (Not of losing your limb) but it takes you away from what is safe, what is taken for granted and puts you in an unsafe place in which to live as you turn the pages, all in the safety of your armchair, more on this book later.

I never like to read a novel then see a movie based on that novel. Once I do that, I am always disappointed in the casting, as I envision the hero and other characters based on my own life’s experiences. I hear them differently they move and act as I would direct them to move in my mind, the greatest movie lot in the world!


No comments: