Wednesday, July 03, 2019

LIFE IS CHANGING…

And my world seems to be spinning out of control!

Yesterday, my wife and I spent the afternoon looking at nursing homes for my daughter. The many years that I put into the agency as chair to many committees and as officers of the Board of Directors, the State representation in Albany and all that travel and advocacy no longer count since my daughter’s home can no longer accommodate her because she now has a treache in her neck.

The weird part is all I want in my life is peace and quiet. I want to live out my years in some kind of happiness, not the fears I am currently facing for my children. I can’t let go of them and fear for them all. The days seem to be bleak and every passing day becomes bleaker than the last.

We went to two facilities yesterday to get a tour of their accommodations and found them excellent. One is within sight of my house in a way and one a little further. Both are beautiful and look very professional, ensuring me that my daughter will be well taken care of by their staffs.

Yet, all I can think of is the agency and what a waste of time it was in the end because they couldn’t take her anymore because of her physical condition. I feel betrayed but I do understand their position as a rehabilitation center. So, we will move on and try to make the best of things.






No comments: