Wednesday, August 28, 2019

GETTING A WORD IN EDGE WISE

Sometimes my luck runs out before it begins! Take for instance a lunch I was at the other day. There was a woman who I know for years from my old neighborhood who was present and sitting across from the rolls. She was once an attractive woman who aged well considering her age. The problem was over the years she has gotten somewhat over-bearing and opinionated to the point that her husband was suffering from her performance.

Being interrupted can be a nuisance when you are trying to make a point. She interrupts her husband to the point that he forgets what he was saying as she leads the conversation down to another path.

When I was speaking she would cut in and talk about herself once again, annoyingly I shall add. Her hubby would stop what he was saying and give her a dirty look and verbally at one point told her he did not like it.

I kept nudging my wife to abort any conversation she had so we could go home, pointing to my watch. This did not happen because my wife is too polite. Even this woman’s husband started to do it. For the life of me, I don’t understand how he lives with this.

Being she was very critical of her husband she would on occasion lash out at him for past transgressions as she related his sins.

One thing I hate is to be ‘corrected’ by someone when they are wrong! This happens to all married people but never becomes so egregious as warranting divorce or separation, except in this case. I would hightail out of the marriage so fast I would lose my breath form the speed of things.

Her husband is a very nice guy who takes it all in but you see it is making him weary. She was a never-ending marathon of talk destroying one conversation after another.

No comments: