Tuesday, August 13, 2019

MARRIAGE, IT HAS ITS hicUPS AND DOWNS!


I was watching the Dr. Phil show one morning in my daughter’s room at the Medford Multicare facility where they leave the TV on all day. I don’t pay attention to it, as I don’t care to watch a show that is moderated by a thumb. Let’s face it he looks like a thumb.

As I waited for the nurse to suction out the phlegm from Ellen’s trachea, I turned my attention to the TV where Doctor Phil stated: When as soon as you marry all the nice leaves the relationship. (Something like that)

I thought about that and realize it is true, you do become somewhat critical of each other and sometimes it takes a while to re-find each other as you once thought of your new spouse with corrections.

My immediate thought when this happened years’ ago was how could she? How could she think of me as imperfect? Me, high on the social ladder of mediocrity, me, the mountain of mundane attempts at trying to get up out of bed in the morning, let alone communicate intelligibly?

I would love to say there is no ‘I’ in marriage but alas there is unless I can misspell it. But if I do that the wife will correct it!

No comments: