Wednesday, August 21, 2019

THERE OUGHT TO BE A LAW!

All too often I answer the phone and it is a sales call. Five to ten times a day the phone rings and some recorded voices are telling me that it is the last time they will call me, until the next time.

If you don’t answer, they leave you a message that you have to go through the process of erasing, that can be a real pain in the ass.

Employing caller ID does not help it seems now that the bastards have employed using bogus numbers, some out of your phone book. Calls from what looks like Los Angeles, or Atlanta, or some other city ring you up and it is a credit card or other scheme to interfere with the dinner hour or listening to a TV show.

The latest is the best. Last night I got a call from me. I don’t know where I find the time t answer the phone let alone call me! I see my home number on the TV screen and I look cross-eyed at TLW (The Little Woman) and answer it. She looks at me like she is in a stupor or vacuum and wonders what the hell is going on. Turns out I was selling cr4edit card insurance and this was the second and final time I would try to reach me before canceling my eligibility to save on my interest rates!

Today I got a call from my wife’s phone number and this time it was the same message as before except I was mad and decided to play along. Some Pakistani or Indian (Native Asian) greets me and I tell him to have sex with himself. Not in so many words. I hang up!

Then as I am typing I get another call asking me to extend my vehicle warranty and was it all right to ask me a few questions about my vehicle?
Me: “Sure!
Her: A mousey voiced little girl: “Is everything on your vehicle running OK?”
Me: “NO!”
There is no answer on the other end, maybe mousey went to get her mommy?
Damned Crooks.

No comments: