Saturday, September 14, 2019

PRAYING TO THE NEW GOD!

This morning as I crossed the parking lot to visit my daughter in her Multi-care facility I scanned the horizon and noticed two young ladies sitting on a bench. The young ladies waiting for rides home or class to begin. They were trainees or novice nurses by their dress, all black.

As I got closer I notice both had their heads bowed and their hands in their laps and I thought how wonderful that two young people could be so devoted to the Almighty! I kind of restored my faith in young people that they have something spiritual in their lives, especially since they hoped to be nurses at some point.

Both of their heads were so that I could see the back of each head, as they sat motionless and centered on their hands. I don’t think I ever saw photos of any Pope so devoted to prayer as these two were.

As I got closer to the entrance the sun angle shifted away so that I was in the shadows of the overhead portal to the main doors. I tried not to disturb them and then the vision of devotion blew up in my face! They were on their cell phones, not praying!

The new god, the ‘E’ god has risen. Say hallelujah to the Egod, the god of all whom one prays to in traffic, at dinner tables and even classes.

No comments: