Sunday, November 03, 2019

TLW





TLW, The Little Woman has for years acknowledged the fact that she is what she calls, ‘short’. Someone her height is considered short in her mind although I find her perfect.

This is the season that ‘Shorty’ starts to complain about things. The cold weather sets her off and it begins in mid-October and carries into June. As the weather cools down her nose turns crimson and by Christmas turns purple. This is of course very convenient for me in that I know how to dress every morning.

The first sign of ‘Shorty winter’ is the comforter that lies on the bed around the day after Labor Day! Then as the nights lose their humidity of late summer she announces that the house is cold so she darns her sweater. 

By this date, Shorty has all her winter clothes lined up and ready, establishing a foothold in bed as she mummifies herself with the blankets wrapped securely and completely around her. I know this because I wake up frozen and witness the event nightly.

Then there is her height, Shorty is now complaining that she is too tall to climb into my car since it is high and she has to climb up into it. As she does, she bumps her head on the doorframe before settling in. This morning is Sunday and every Sunday I like to take her to a diner for breakfast. As we pulled into the parking space she complained about the head bumping. I suggested that the design of the SUV is such that one could easily bump his/her head entering or exiting the car.

Walking t the front door of the diner I also suggested that maybe she is getting taller, which of course, she scoffed at. As we entered the diner and she pulled on the door handle I shouted out: “WATCH YOU HEAD!” She did crack a smile, but not for long.

No comments: