Thursday, October 27, 2016

CHICAGO, CHICAGO...


Looks like a trip to Chicago is in the future.
As weddings occur more and more away from the local area, we venture out as a family to celebrate these special occasions.

Chicago, Chicago, that toddlin' town
Chicago, Chicago, I will show you around
I love it
Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose the blues


We made reservations at a great old hotel in the Windy City and mapped out our plans on how to get to the hotel from the airport and to the reception from the hotel.

In Chicago, Chicago
The town that Billy Sunday couldn't shut down
On State Street that great street, I just want to say
They do things they don't do on Broadway


There's a fly in the ointment.
A rather ugly fly at that.
The World Series will be playing at the time I'm at a pre-reception party and the wedding itself. In Chicago, it is a big deal. Chicago hasn't been to a World Series in 71 years!

They have a time, the time of their life
I saw a man, he danced with his wife
In Chicago, Chicago my hometown
Chicago, Chicago, that toddlin' town
Cubs fans


I need to get to the hotel while thousands of crazed Cubs fans travel about the city, the crazy, windy city on the lake.

Chicago, Chicago, I'll show you around
I love it
Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose the blues
In Chicago, Chicago
The town that Billy Sunday couldn't shut down


So what is going to happen? My first fear is somehow we will lose out hotel reservation and won't be able to find another one, secondly traveling around the ‘City in the Garden' will be impossible with all the people and press.

On State Street that great street, I just want to say
They do things that they don't do on Broadway
They have the time the time of their life
 

There is no way the Cubs can win or lose the World Series before I get there, so I'm in it for the long haul. Just my luck.

No comments: