Saturday, September 23, 2017

JUST LIKE YOGI ONCE SAID…

"It's like déjà vu all over again!

What is, you insufferable bag of cheese? You must be asking.

As I mentioned about my father-in-law Jim, he loved the talking heads and the news on TV. He would park himself in front of the TV and watch all the time in his retirement. Well, it's coming again in the form of his lovely daughter, TLW (The Little Woman)!

Not only does she look like him, only prettier, but she is getting his interest in her old age. She has all the talk shows about politics down cold, all the opinions analyzed and has defined her opinions in such a way that I have to listen, just to hear what they are because I find her insightful since she made that one mistake, 46 years ago.

When we were first married, she had no time for anything but the children. She had a dual job of children and a special needs child. She managed to keep a household going, raising my kids and even taking time for us once in a while, when they were sleeping. She cooked, cleaned and even took care of the lawn while dealing with the heartbreak of a child that was constantly ill and in need of attention, 24 hours a day! She did an amazing job, with both hands tied behind her back.

Every morning when I come down for the start of my day, there she is with the TV on, as she swings from MSNBC to CNN, then over to Fox and finally CNBC for all the opinions on the news of the day. She is better at it than I am. I feel that I used to be the one on top of the news, and now I feel like I am being replaced by her father! I'll probably hear about this.

No comments: