Saturday, March 30, 2019

THE ROAD TO HELL…

“The road to hell is paved with good intentions” is, a proverb or aphorism: another form is "Hell is full of good meanings, but heaven is full of good works".
 
Driving on Long Island roads, the roads are numbered but better remembered by their names. There is the ‘Vet’, the Southern State, the Northern State, the Wantagh, the Meadowbrook, and Nichol’s Road. Local roads that run through towns with stop lights and signs are also named such as Sunrise and Montauk. It is only when we reach a road that runs into other states that we get number crazy, mainly the 495 or as we locals call it the LIE.

The drivers are some of the worst in the world and are not too swift in thinking as they are on the roads.

I have been spending time in Burbank, California, the land of studios such as Warner Brothers, Universal, and Disney. You never know when you will run into an actor or someone famous.

In my time in Burbank, I have done a lot of driving. I have driven out to Glendale and even as far as Downing, using mostly local roads I have discovered that the drivers are the worst They jump into lanes without warning or signaling of any kind. They drive slow, erratically, and do some of the dumbest things I have ever seen in my life. They create a hazard driving in conditions that cause me to swear. Turning with no signaling, jumping lanes, crossing and cutting you off, etc.

So far this visit, I have counted 438 “Morons” 362 Sons of Bitches and a whole slew of proctologists appointments needed.

The roads are so broken that you add miles as you drive down one ditch and back up to street level. The highways all interconnect and don’t exit or enter like NY roads do, They exit from either the left of right side of the roads.

No comments: