Monday, August 05, 2019

AS YOU HAVE IT

I don’t know what gets into driver these days. Are we angry, psycho, or just plain stupid?

Yesterday I was returning home from picking up some breakfast for TLW (The Little Woman) and me when I came to my street off the main road that intersects my street. The house on the corner faces my street and has a very short driveway. In front of the house was parked an SUV, with a woman in it. As I turned I was starting to pass her parked car and I could see her tail lights turn red, as she was about to move into me.

I think that driving in local traffic meaning residential streets, I always do the speed limit or less, I never would want to run into someone leaving for work as they pull out of their driveway and I strike them by speeding.

So, as I was slowly passing this woman behind the wheel in her SUV, I used my horn gently to let her know I was passing her, not to move!

A friendly wave to say: “Thanks, I see you!” Maybe the woman could lend a smile, and a wave to acknowledge my efforts for both of us, to stay alive? No, she flipped me the bird.

It’s a great country we live in, and we are making America great again!

No comments: