Friday, August 30, 2019

NURSE CRACHETT


I love nurses I feel that nursing is the best thing to happen to a civilized man in all his glorious history. The nurse is the link between your Mom and the need to feel better while alleviating your fear.


However, there are times or exceptions to the rule. For instance, there is the nurse that is supposed to monitor my daughter Ellen and her comfort and health at the medical care center where she now lives. In particular are her tracheotomy and position on the bed. All too often he gets herself into an uncomfortable position on her bed where her legs hang over the side of the bed. This occurs when I enter her room in the morning for the first time and it angers me that no one has looked in on her. Her nurse, Nurse Crachett seems to be disinterested in anything she does s she will ‘slow-mo’ through her charges then retreat to her computer and usually eat.

The other day I asked Nurse Crachett for assistance since Ellen was in obvious pain and was told she will be there in a moment. Needless to say or expect, after a half-hour of Ellen withering in pain I became angry and went looking for this so-called nurse. There she was wheeling a patient around who was not in any stress or discomfort yet was being taken care of while Nurse Crachett forgot about Ellen!

I stood in front of her and asked: “Did you forget about Ellen?”

She shoved the person in the wheelchair to the wall and entered Ellen’s room, straightened out the situation without saying a word and walking off in a huff. All it took of her time was a few seconds. No apology for forgetting and it leads me to suspect that she has Ellen on her list as a low priority since she can’t speak.

I don’t like to complain about nurses their job is very hard, and my daughter is not the only one being cared for, but I think when someone is in distress like my daughter was, the nurse should respond immediately!

Shame on you nurse Crachett!
-->

No comments: