Tuesday, October 09, 2007

ATTENTION: MARRIED MEN SHOPPERS


If you shop with The Little Woman (TLW), always remember, and never forget, that you are on her home field. She has the home field advantage and will use it.

Being married to one of the best shoppers I know, she buys more than I can afford and still keeps us solvent! TLW has over the years shown me things when she shops that truly impress me, and I always remark: “WOW!” Just today she wanted to show me something in a large retail store, and by a simple signal: the use of her index finger flexing, and the simple words: “Come with me”, not unlike a teacher with a bad boy, she will take me to some area that interest her and in turn will have to interest me.

She knows all the nuances of shopping, getting on line, how to react to the words; “Next” and has the quickest draw on the credit card this side of the Mississippi River. She wanted me to pay for some paints I bought, and said: “Use the CitiCard®” as I fumbled in my wallet, she had whipped out her card and paid for it, before I could get mine out!

I know I have said this before, but it warrants repeating, she could be dropped by parachute blindfolded into the middle of a mall, one she has never been to before, I would then park the car while she waits in the mall, she will find the car!

Her shopping is like the invasion of Europe during WW II, it is meticulously planned, down to the smallest details, every store is put in her itinerary and no motion is lost. This helps her to shop for more. When she has completed her missions, I will suddenly see a huge pile of plastic bags moving up my driveway and into my front door, and a little person, TLW will be holding all the merchandise, and her overloaded pocketbook!

Well I live with a legend, and I guess being awed is no longer new to me, just a daily shopping occurrence.

No comments: