Saturday, October 06, 2007

A LONG DAY’S NIGHT

After a long flight to LA from NY, and renting a car and finding our hotel, me, TLW (The Little Woman) along with my #2 Son was very tired. It was around 3:00 AM, Los Angeles time, and we were finally finished with dinner at the hotel inn, and TLW was at the counter to pay the check, reaching over to hand the man the check and cash when a man moves in front of her and pushes her aside to pay his bill. Now TLW was there first and it was clear as the dawning day. I was a few feet away, as the fellow and his family left the building and TLW finally paid.

Angered, she asked me if I saw that, and twice as incensed as she was, I responded: “Yes I did!” I knew that I wanted to get my hands on the bum, but figured it was too late; he was long gone. I mentioned to my wife my feelings and she said to let it go. She being non-violent and me being a nasty bastard from Brooklyn, I didn’t want to let it go.

As we step outside to go to the hotel, whom do I see but the bum standing there with his whole family, wife, kids and either mother or mother-in-law, chatting in a foreign tongue!

Positioning myself to be in direct line with the stinker, I walk toward him and as I pass him, give him a shoulder block and wait for his reaction as he goes reeling back. He and his clan start chatting in gibberish and look at me but don’t do anything. I was really hoping they would start something, because I was frustrated, tired and angry that they would treat my wife that way. It would have capped my long day.

Well, needless to say, TLW didn’t reprimand me for my actions, and even if she did, I would still act the same way.

There are few instances in my life where I would act so belligerently, but mess with my family and watch out.

TOMORROW; China Town

No comments: