Tuesday, September 23, 2008

THE BOSS GETS CONFUSED


Our back sliding door that leads to the pool is in need of repair. It seems that the bottom stile metal surface is separating from the door. I tried to glue it, but the glue refuses to adhere the two components.

In comes TLW (The Little Woman) who suggests that I glue it then duct tape it to hold the metal plate to the wooden stile. I try that but I knew it wouldn’t really work, and it didn’t.

TLW did another round of suggestions and came up with a better idea, take the door down glue it and put a heavy weight on it to keep it together.

This morning I took the door down by unscrewing a long strip of wood that held the sliding door in place. Along with the sliding door, also a stationary second door does not move, as the slider does.

This morning I took the door down, glued it, put some bricks on it as it lay on its back, and by the end of the day was able to put the door back up! TLW comes homes and runs her inspection. She starts to complain that the glue did not take! I get upset and go to look at the door. SHE IS LOOKING AT THE STATIONARY DOOR, NOT THE SLIDER!

Sticking my heart back into my chest, I see how someone could get confused and mix the doors up. But the pronouncement came next:

“Being I’m a left-handed person, I’m used to applying logic.”

Well, EXCUSE ME, I’m a mere mortal right-handed person, prone to silly illogical conclusions! But, I did marry her, No? Wasn’t there SOME logic in that?

Remember my buddies: Joan and Anita, they need our prayers. So do all the cancer patients out there.

Thanks.

No comments: