Sunday, September 07, 2008

THE TOILET LAWYER


The other day TLW (The Little Woman) bought a new toilet paper dispenser to mount on a wall in our half bathroom. The one that was there was getting bent out of shape. TLW loves to put things up that she buys and I of course am grateful for the attempts.

As one of her primary consultants, (Happy the cocker spaniel is the other,) she wished to confer with me on where it should be placed. I have learned long ago, it is only to keep me from saying: “Why didn’t you ask me?” Once TLW has made up her mind, nothing I say will change it.

“How about under the sink where we had the last one?” she said.

Consultant #2 (Me): Oh, I don’t know, how about there? (Pointing to an opposite wall.

TLW: “No!”

Consultant #2 (Me): “Uh, how about there? (Another wall)

TLW: “NOOOO! It will be in the way of the men when they stand there.”

Consultant #2 (Me): “Oh! OK, how ‘bout there?” (Pointing to where the old one was.)

TLW: “Ah! I knew we could agree!”

This woman had a brief case filled with legal documents if I dared to dispute where I know the dispenser will go.

No comments: