Wednesday, June 22, 2011

THERE’S A MOUSE… IN THE HOUSE!

The other night, TLW (The Little Woman) informed me that we had a mouse residing in the basement, and that “We” needed to set a trap.

TLW is very liberal with the word ”we”. You see if you turn the
‘W’ in we upside down, it reads ‘ME’!

This unsteady letter formation has been going on for almost 40 years! Seems that TLW addressed her remarks to me that I had to set a trap for the mouse. I said I didn’t have any on me, so she went into the basement and pulled one out to set.

Reading the instructions on how to set this trap, a round black trap that I have set before, she asks if we should get cheese for it.



“NOOO, the mouse is pretty smart, besides the cheese is low fat, they like peanut butter. You have to realize, mice today are better educated, have more sophisticated taste. Besides they will never settle for low fat cheese! Oh, no, silly woman get the PEANUT BUTTER!”

“PEANUT BUTTER, ARE YOU SURE?”

“Of course I’m sure, after all I did kill one the last time!”

Out comes a jar of peanut butter, plain, not chunky. The mice have a most discriminating taste and would not live in a house with just cheese.

“Ewe, the peanut butter just pops out!” said TLW.

“Don’t put so much in, he won’t ask for a doggie bag!”


We examine the trap the way she is putting in the peanut butter, and I wipe it clean put a paper towel under it and we place it.

I go back to the jar of peanut butter and realize: we will not catch the mouse!

The peanut butter is low fat too!

2 comments:

Laura ESL Teacher said...

Rodents are very choosy these days.

Princess Pat said...

I once got a rodent with veal cutlet
parm. That was back in Queens.
They make pretty big rodents out in
Queens and they like the "good stuff".