Wednesday, September 07, 2011

THE WANNA-BE-BANK & TRUSS CO.


In late August, THE WANNA-BE-BANK & TRUSS CO. decided to hold a bored of directors meeting of its key employees, namely: TLW (The Little Woman), Toots II (Lois), Princess Pat of Foxwood Points (Pat) and Doug (Mr. Fixit). Attending the bored meeting was three rather lively people, including: Yours truly, Bill (If Pat calls, I’m not here, I’m bowling) and Corrine, Doug’s lovely wife and hostess.

Corrine put on a display of culinary acumen, alcoholic selectivity, and conversational activity,
namely we ate, drank and talked rather well! Laughter was at a constant flow as we took turns telling our stories. Then the conversation took a turn for the worst, shoptalk! Yes, I knew it would creep in somehow, someway, causing all the mates to desperately look for something to say. Corrine had the bright idea of celebrating Pat’s birthday, looking around for a sponge to coat with icing; all we had was regular cake, a huge disappointment!

Now Princess Pat (AKA Patrizia) was in her usual jocular self, commenting on her age, the fact that she was worried it was another sponge cake, and if she would still be awake after we sang Happy Birthday. Managing to wobble through the whole first verse of Happy Birthday, (I don’t know the second, do you?) Pat was touched, a tear slowly rolling down her cheek as she said: “This is the FIRST time anyone ever stayed to sing for my birthday!”

We know Pat, and it was nice of you to return our car keys afterward.

2 comments:

pamela said...

Happy Belated birthday, Pat.There are big ships and small ships. But the best ship of all is friendship. Keep on cruzing, my new friend.

Princess Pat said...

Thanks Pam for that beautiful comment.
It really touched me. And Joe you
are definitely touched. But I say
that with lots of love. It was
a beautiful 23rd birthday celebration.
I will never forget it. What was I saying? Oh yes, now I remember. My 25th birthday. Though I missed my sponge cake Corrine did a fabulous job not only on the cake but the delicious meal as well. The best was the homemade sangria. I slept good the next morning.