Monday, April 01, 2013

OYE VEY!


Well it is official: I hated the winter of 2012/13!

Normally I love the winter months, but this past one was too much, even for me. It seems that since right before Thanksgiving and the holidays that followed, so have the clouds. First and foremost my brother-in-law John passed away, then Mom fell on Christmas Day, dealing with a nursing home for her rehab, then two kidney stones followed by severe back problems and finally a nasty cold. Toss in Hurricane Sandy and the blizzard, and you have a fun time!

Don't read too close, you might catch it!
Now I’m not complaining… yes I am.

Does it have to do with the 13 in 2013? Is it all cycler in nature? Are the gods conspiring against me? These are the days of my life.

My poor wife asks every morning: How’s the back? Life must move on, we are all getting old, and age seems to be the thing this past winter in the fact that my patience is running out. I’m still dealing with Mom’s issues and Medicaid, we will be scrupulously dealing with every aspect of getting her ready for it, honestly, and I am still following up on some of the details. Thank goodness for family, like my brother-in-law Tom, my sisters especially Tessie my older sister (much older).

Poor Mom still has a backache, and is going for tests today as I write.(MRI)

To complicate matters still, I discovered I now have a Jewish accent when I write!

At least I’m losing the Puerto Rican one.

Then all of a sudden, the grand dame of TV justice, Judge Judy is starting to lose her luster, first being sued for some china she tried to scam and then her son, a judge is involved in an issue with an illegal alien! All this over the winter!

Well, let me get back to my cold and getting rid of this Jewish accent, it could just be a computer virus.


No comments: