Saturday, July 09, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TLW!


--> Today is the lovely TLW’s (The Little Woman’s) birthday.

Q: What's the easiest way to remember your wife's birthday?
A: Forget it once!

Q: What do George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Christopher Columbus all have in common?
A: They were all born on holidays!

Anyway, the mother of my children, guardian of the realm, and keeper of the keys is a year older. Can I say a year wiser? No, she ages in that regard a lot quicker.

Over the years we have celebrated her birthday for the most part rather quietly, and reserved. No big fanfare, no noise or clatter, just a simple card, and kiss and she is on her way. As we aged together, our birthdays being just days apart, we have a dinner out and call it a celebration for the two of us.

Having a wife like TLW is kind of special. She loves me, and that should make me happy enough, but I still, after 45 years can’t figure out why? Facing life’s challenges after all these years has kept us together, and where many families would have ended in divorce, I’m proud to say it has strengthened the bond. I guess the idea of her hurting would hurt me even more. When I see my children, I see her, and so I love my kids. When I see my granddaughter I know that in part, without her there would be no Darby Shea, no Anthony, Courtney to marry him and no Michael, and of course, no Ellen my daughter.

Looking back at the wedding pictures and of our early days of marriage, I remember all the good times and the sweet memories that occupy my heart and soul. I recall the sad times, there were no bad times and like the Billy Joel song about being home whenever she is with me.

YOU’RE MY HOME
If I traveled all my life
And I never get to stop and settle down
Long as I have you by my side
There’s a roof above and good walls all around

You’re my castle, you’re my cabin and my instant pleasure dome
I need you in my house ’cause you’re my home

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEETHEART, I LOVE YOU!

No comments: