Wednesday, May 30, 2018

THE MYSTIC SEAPORT


If you drive forever along the I-95 eastbound, you will eventually come to Mystic Seaport, in Connecticut. On the Sound and right before the Rhode Island border, if you do arrive there, please stay at least one night. What you will find is a wonderful historic throwback to a seafaring world of adventure and historical significance.

Treat yourself to the old world of whaling, harpooning, fishing, and just little old shells you can find along the beaches. It will make you appreciate a part of your life you will never experience otherwise.

I spent with my wife a memorable Memorial Day weekend. We visited my sister-in-law and her husband and had dinner on the river and had some great Oysters, Rockefeller. It is an old-fashioned dish and seems or sounds hoity-toity but IS delicious.

As I traversed through the little shops and stores that appear almost everywhere, there are toys, books, chachkies, and even little costumes that best be bought for granddaughters and soon to be born grandsons. After a large haul of things, the Little Woman bans me from entering any more toy stores.




No comments: