Wednesday, May 09, 2018

IT’S LIKE PULLING TEETH

I'm concerned too!
I made an appointment with my dentist for teeth cleaning. I feel good dental hygiene is paramount to healthy living, just like the next guy or gal.

I made this appointment two weeks ago and do like it when a doctor or dentist calls me to confirm an appointment.

So, for two weeks, every day, from early in the morning until late at night, weekends included I got either a text message or an email reminding me that I had an appointment.

My concern was the dental office: CONCERNED DENTAL was becoming too concerned, too caring and too motherly. They were smothering me in concern and anticipation of my arrival. I decided to inform them when I showed up for my appointment that I would suggest a name change for the office.

How about OVERLY CONCERNED DENTAL”?

As I got ready for my visit, shaving my beard, ears, and nose hairs, (don’t really comb my hair anymore) the phone rang about a half hour before it was time to leave for the dentist office.

“Hello”

“Mr. Del Bloggolo?”

“Yes.”

“This is Donna from CONCERNED DENTAL, the dental hygienist is not coming in today so we need to reschedule your appointment. I’m sorry.”

“No problem, don’t let it bother you.”

“Oh, thank you Mr. Del Bloggolo!

“Don’t mention it, I’ll call back for another appointment.”

This will give me time to shop for another less concerned dentist.


No comments: