Thursday, September 06, 2018

WHAT A MEANIE!

The night before school starts was my haunting period. It was the period where I took on the warlock persona and teases anyone I could find. In particular where my children, who after a day of shopping for school clothes and supplies would come home for dinner and we would discuss the gloom in the air, mainly the coming of the next day and months ahead, school.

As we plowed through the dinner the glum reality that school was on once again seemed to dampen the evening until I offered we all go out for ice cream!

Yeah! Ice cream would wash away the tears, anxiety, and despair that pervaded the household. We would all eagerly pile into the car and off we went to Carvel for a treat.

NOT SO FAST!

First, we make our customary drive to the school parking lot where I drove around in the emptiness of the place singing my favorite ditty: “School Days”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bd84CzRuxY

I never looked into the back seat because I didn’t want to witness the agony or betray my ecstasy.


It was just like Mom did without the car, as I stood there and had to receive the full nelson!

No comments: